Sunday, January 16, 2022

Week 5 Posting - Genesis Perez

 Times Up

For this week's discussion, I was assigned to find five companies of my choice and issue the WHOIS and Trace-route commands on each one of them. It is one of the few times I have used the command prompt for an assignment, and I find it very fascinating. The trace-route provided information like the IP addresses and RTT (Round Trip Time) on different columns. During my research, I came across a "request timed out" messages on a few of the hops. At first glance, I thought it was a security or privacy reason. But after a few side research sessions, I realized that it is not that bad at all. The message is not necessarily negative but there are a few reasons to why I have received it: the website’s security system or other security device is blocking my request, there was a problem with the return path or there is a problem with the general connection. After my research, I brought it up in my discussion post and I have received useful information and thoughts regarding the Request Timed Out message. 








References

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/run-traceroute-command?view=app

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Posting - Cloud Automation

For the final week of class, we learned about cloud automation and using common terminology that are used in automation services and techniq...